Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sb158_gw

My SqFt Garden Plan

sb158
15 years ago

I've delayed posting this, as I was trying to install Wordpress on my website. I wanted to make a Garden blog on my website, but I'm just not getting it.

Anyway, as I've mentioned, I garden in Deep South TX, within spittin' distance of Mexico. My soil is a concrete-like substance masquerading as clay. I'm getting too d#&m old to go digging around in that crap, especially in the heat down here. So SqFt is the only way to go, for me. It's worked in San Antonio and Austin, so why not here?

I sort of gave up on gardening for a couple years, as it tends to hurt any more, but after my Dad died in December, I decided it was time to start again, and carry on the family legacy, so to speak.

So I came home after the funeral in January, and dug out my seeds that I've been hauling around for a very long time. Given they're so old, and haven't been properly stored, I wondered if they'd even sprout. Amazingly, I've got a bunch or baby tomatoes, and a couple Morning Glory and Moonflower babies so far. I bought a shelf and some lights, and today I bought a rope light to act as a heating mat. Some of the seeds, not surprisingly, aren't sprouting yet, so I figured I'd try that before I tossed the seeds and bought new.

Anyway, I uploaded a couple pics of my plan and it's 3d rendering. What do you think? Not final yet, still subject to change, as always...LOL...

BTW, if anybody out there knows how to install Wordpress on a pre-existing website, can you HELP? It always says it can't find the database.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz