Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenbean08_gw

Hopping on the Bandwagon...

greenbean08_gw
15 years ago

Well, I was feeling inspired by all of you bloggers out there, so I decided to join you! I'm starting with a recap of last summer, so some of you have seen this information in earlier posts on this forum. There will be new information coming soon though.

I am still working on the page, so please excuse the fact it's lacking a bit, but it will get better... I am open to suggestion, so if I am missing something major (oh, and I will be adding a blog list) please let me know.

It's a little funny, but you people whom I have never met, are the first people anywhere that know I started this! I don't think anyone else understands why I can still talk about the garden in February... ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tales of a Transplanted Gardener

Comments (13)

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Great work so far! Can't wait to bookmark this when I get home and follow your adventures this year! Oh how I love your garden!

• peel
    15 years ago

I love your garden! I've got you bookmarked, and if you don't mind I'd like to add your blog to the links on my own blog. Not that anyone really reads it....

Here is a link that might be useful: Gumshoe Gardener

• jleiwig
    15 years ago

Nice start!

I think it would be helpful for everyone who blogs to post a diagram of their SQFT garden. EG has one, I think Sinfonian has one on his blog, and I should have mine up by next week once I finalize things.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

I'll probably put an updated planting layout up in a few days, because a few changes will be made to the original one. It always changes....ughh! You know what I'm talking about. Blogging is pretty time consuming, but is very rewarding as well. In my opinion, a blogger needs to write a post at least 3 times a week, because with a significant hiatus, most people won't come back.

EG

• peel
    15 years ago

I've got my original layout on my blog too, but it will be changing since I made a few "impulse purchases" in the seed department.

• greenbean08_gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm feeling a little better about sticking the neck out.. :-)

I'll have a Plan vs. Reality post up later that shows how it looked on paper compared to how it turned out, and what the biggest flaws in the plan were.

I'm still working on 2009. I have part of it finished. I'll post that too before too long.

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Thanks EG, I'm sure you were talking about me and my hiatus. Gosh I hate work and travel. But anyway, I have trouble figuring out what to say.

EG's right, blogging is tons of work. Just figuring out what to say is a challenge.

Best of luck with yours GB!

• carolynp
    15 years ago

You guys rock! Peel, I occasionally lurk at your site, but often don't post.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Sinfonian - actually....I wasn't even referring to you, and your blogging activity...Nyaaah....Hee Hee. I fully understand the time constraints that you have. My wife thinks blogging is all that I do, and I can understand why. I just don't want to let my readers down....It helps that my children are grown, too...

carolyn - really....a lurker, huh? Shame on you...heh. BTW....I have been working on the automatic filling of the swc's, and have came up with the ultimate system. Tune into my blog for further details, even if you are a lurker...heh.

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's Garden Blog

• liisa_rwc
    15 years ago

Greenbean,

Great job! I'll be following your blog for sure and will add you to my blog list.

jleiwig,
    I posted a diagram of my SQFT garden just last night.

Liisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Liisa's Garden Journey

• peel
    15 years ago

Don't worry, Sinf...EG was talking about me. :)

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Peel.....nope. You did forget about us readers for a while, though.Heh. I'm glad you're blogging again. Now, let me see that nun with a patch on one eye.....Ha!

EG

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Heck, I sometimes go back to buddy's blogs that haven't updated in almost a year.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus