Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Climate data

Posted by jleiwig 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 18, 09 at 10:58

If your unlucky and your local extension office doesn't keep their climatalogical data online, I found a neat site that has some information.

Here is a link that might be useful: Climate Data

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Climate data

Thanks Justin, that's a great find. I guess I have trouble understanding the numbers, but fortunately our extension does have alot of the info that I think is valuable.

o

jleiwig,

Nice compendium of the data and nice charts. I'll bookmark that. Thank you.

For those of us who like to push the envelope as far as possible, the raw data in jleiwig's link can be found here (my nearby station), and clicking around in the left margin's links will get you to your nearby station, where all the raw data are compiled and tabulated.

For example, freeze free days is useful for season-extending operations and probabilities of success (or probabilities of madly scrambling around with old blankets)...

[/geeky]

:o)

Dan

o

I too have an online service through my university extension. It's called OARDC. It gives me air temp, soil temps, and anything else I really want to know. I usually query the last 10 years. Of those ten years, soil temps have been above 50 degrees on or before april 21st 7 out of 10 times I think.

Here is a link that might be useful: In depth weather data for my area

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here