Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting cole seedlings this weekend!

Posted by engineeredgarden 7, nw Alabama (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 17:16

I had wanted to wait until Valentine's Day, but after seeing the forecast for the next week in my area - my little babies are going into the garden this weekend! Yay! Let the 2009 garden begin....

EG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting cole seedlings this weekend!

Granny makes the Sign of the Cross for EG's little babies.

But I think he's pushin' it ;-)

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

• Posted by peel z6 CT (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 19:31

Are you going to use row covers or let them fend for themselves?

o

Woooot! Good luck EG. It's still freezing here so I haven't even completed my light system, hehe. Sure I'm jealous. Way to go!

o

Wow that is early. I was going to plant mine this weekend too but it's not early for us.

o

I can't hold them any longer in the propagation chamber. The toms are going in there in a week. It's not that early for them - maybe 2 weeks....I'll protect them as best I can.

EG

o

I know what you mean about needing to empty something. I had to build another cold frame for all the tomato and pepper seedlings that are ready or almost ready for the next step.

The big question.........Are 300 tomato seedlings too many?

o

shebear - I would have to say....yes, 300 are too many. You just couldn't help yourself, could you? Hee Hee.

EG

o

You're right I couldn't help myself. They're so easy to grow. I guess I'll have lots of friends besides the ones in the community garden. Of course since the economy is so bad, I probably won't have that much trouble getting rid of them.

I guess it's a good thing I grew lots of jalapenos to go with those tomatoes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here