Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heirloom Seed Source

Posted by anniesgranny 6b (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 18:14

I just had the nicest correspondence with the owner of a new heirloom seed company. I don't think I am supposed to advertise it here, so run don't walk and check out my newest blog if you want heirloom seeds for a great price and $1.99 shipping/handling!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Heirloom Seeds

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heirloom Seed Source

Thanks, Granny! I went there, and bookmarked the site.

EG

o

Baker Creek is another Heirloom site, along with Freedomseeds and Tomatofest. Fedco Seeds has some but not all heirlooms.

Again, I always suggest folks to order from companies that are either located in a similar climate (not just zone) or have test farms in your climate.

o

Baker Creek isn't terribly expensive on their shipping and handling (my big gripe with most of them). I would shop there. In fact, I'll be sure to order their catalog next year.

I don't know how many times I've searched for Freedom Seeds...all I get are dead links, blogs or stories of the family, but no seed list or catalog.

Tomatofest is too pricey for me. $3.95 for 30 seeds and another $3.95 to mail them? Nuh-uh.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Granny,

According to their website, you can request a 2009 seed list from Freedom Seeds by emailing them at dervaes@pathtofreedom.com. The Freedom Seeds website is not ready yet. Hope that helps.

Kym

Here is a link that might be useful: Freedom Seeds (urban homesteaders blog)

o

Thanks, Kym. I thought I was going senile when I Googled page after page for that seed list and came up empty handed!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Granny, you rock!! Always love new seed options. Baker creek is rareseeds.com for any lurkers who wander across this. They're right nice folks, too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here