Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

OT .. I owe an explanation

jbest123
15 years ago

Speaking only for myself and no other 70 yr olds, ,,,,(Gr----). I go to bed with the chickens and get up with the chickens. I will miss many conversations but I see many sun rises also. When you young wiper snappers are getting dressed and heading for work (keep those pension checks coming), I will be trying to catch up with the forum. Depending on my busy schedule and the up coming season that will not always be possible. Good night Mrs. Calabash where ever your are.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Comments (11)

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Hehe, I'm feeling pretty old myself. I tried to stay up past midnight the other day and I've been paying dearly ever since. I'm not as young as I used to be.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

I'm out of my league here, I think.

I go to bed with Jay Leno, fall asleep with Conan O'Brian and wake up with Drew Cary. But don't tell anyone ;-)

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Oh Granny, what does your DH think about you and all those younger men! hehe

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Sinfonian, Mr. H isn't surprised at anything I do anymore :-D

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• medontdo
    15 years ago

i used to be able to stay up til 3 am. then the past couple of weeks i've learned that, guess what?? it's taken it toll on me seriously!! LOL
    and that My dear Hubs has a point about getting us to bed early! now if i can only get there!! **big grin**
    i'm curious sometimes why people think they need to explain, **onery giggle** geeze, that would help me stop!! **big grinn** i do alot of that here!!
    ~Medo

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

Sorry, John. Up at 4:30 AM here and down by 8:30, 9 at the latest. School starts early, I need to be in the building by 6:30, but I could sleep in an extra 30 min, but I just HAVE to read all of the posts from the night owls before I head in to work.

Once the kids have gone to bed on the weekends, the man and I get all fired up to watch a movie or act like adults and just stay up chatting with a few beverages, but we usually only make it about a half hour or so. We're such loosers.

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

medo....where the h#&% have you been! I was starting to worry about you.

EG

• carolynp
    15 years ago

I'm with eg, I was starting to worry.
    I'm in bed at 2am and up at 8am. I used to sleep three to four hours regularly, but since I've had kids I have to get 5-6 or I'm sick.

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

When I hit 35 I can't do that no sleep thing anymore. I'm fine the next day but hit a wall the next something fierce!

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

4-5 hours is pretty typical for me, at almost 41 years old.

EG

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wait until youns people hit 70. Except for one other 70 year old that can be a little strange at times; you loose control of several things. Typically I am in bed at dusk and up before dawn which is great if you do not have to go to work(he he). Occasionally though I will go 24 hrs without sleep. There is a streetlight directly above my garden and several times, I have felt like going out in the middle of the night and doing the work I had planed for the next day. I would except the neighbors would call the paddy wagon; I think they have come close on several occasions.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting