Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lots of SFG winter experiments

Posted by snibb Salt Lake City (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 19:28

I've been doing a lot of different things at a time when we've had the coldest January in 50+ years. After all of this I've only had 2 or 3 squares that didn't come up. Maybe they still will but I'm assuming since we've had so many nights of below zero temperatures they probably didn't make it. In about 4 or 5 weeks I should have my first harvest of the season. Lots of new pictures-come on by and visit: www.thewealthyearth.com. Maybe it will give you a few ideas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lots of SFG winter experiments

Really nicely put together web site.
Great images along with valuable info.
I built a permanent cold frame last fall, a bucket of water inside froze, however the soil stayed frost free, but cold.
A kohlrabi plant inside looks cold but healthy, planted it last august in a bucket...maybe I'll be eating kohlrabi in May.
This has been the mildest winter I can remember, a few single digit nights in western PA.
I love experimenting also, I'll be starting seeds constantly just to see what and how it grows.
I saw a pepper plant in Park seeds catalog cayanetta
A very lovely plant I am going to have as many as I can grow....how can one fall in love with a plant..LOL
Jimmy

o
RE: Lots of SFG winter experiments

• Posted by snibb Salt Lake City (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 0:55

thank you for the kind words japus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here