Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT - News Story came out today, my blog got 1,900 hits, hehe

Posted by sinfonian U:8b A:2 S:5 (SeaWA) (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 10, 09 at 0:53

My local paper did a story on seed sales increasing 30% this year, with a side story on potato bins. They had found my blog page on Google and asked to use it for their article. They even interviewed me.

Well, the article came out today, and because they linked my potato bin page, I got 1,900 hits today. Hehe, that's about 1,500 more than I normally get. Just wanted to share, since GW is where the potato bin became famous, or maybe infamous.

The moral of the story, grow potatoes, they last a long time and who cares how you grow them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT - News Story came out today, my blog got 1,900 hits, hehe

Wow! That's huge!

o

OH, very cool, sir! You're a celebrity now. You won't forget about us when you're on HGTV, will you? LOL...
Seriously, that really is very cool. Congrats.

o

Cool, my friend. Very, very cool.

o

Congrats Sinfonian. That is definitely cool!

o

Sweeeet! Not only can I give props to old neighbors, I can use this to point to when I put out my bins to (hopefully) quiet the fam's fears about my mental health...

Dan

o

sinfonian, that's fantastic! The most I've gotten in one day was 600+ a couple of weeks ago. You should get alot of repeat visitors because of it...

EG

o

Hey!! that IS WAY awesome!! Nowyou your big time **onery grinn** LOL ya know, now you'll have lots of people coming back!! always have something interesting going on in there!! :') ~Medo

o

Congrats sinfonian, now I can say I knew him when. ;o)

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

o

Yes, we knew him when....LOL! Good job, Sinfonian.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Wow that is awesome! Though your blog is quite inspiring!

Here is a link that might be useful: My gardening blog

o

Hehe, thanks all. In the three days since the article, I've gotten 5,000 hits and my potato page has more than doubled it's year long hit total. What's more, 850 hits came today when the article is no longer posted on the paper's site. Hehe. No pressure mind you, but 500 or so of those aren't you all that are regulars. Hehe

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure

o

You rock Sinf. We have a couple of emergency foster kids for a couple of days, so we've been crazy busy. Will try to get on more in a bit.

o

Carolyn, thanks, but what you are doing must be far more important than the forums. Take care.

o

Ok, Grrrr. It seems not only did I exceed the bandwidth of my photo sharing site (until tomorrow when my month is over I think), but it appears that I may have crashed the Ft2Garden.com server bandwidth as well.

I was posting about the photo site when it gave me an error when I tried posting. After checking Judy's blog and the Ft2Garden.com forum, they were all down. I can only assume the two are related.

Who knew my 15 minutes of fame would have such unintended consequences. Oops!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here