Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jleiwig

Today is 8 weeks!

jleiwig
15 years ago

I'm officially 8 weeks out from my average last frost date. I was planning on getting most of my seeds started this weekend, but warm weather saturday and a horrible sinus headache sunday kept me out of the seed starting area the whole weekend.

Today will be the day that I start most of my seedlings. I'll be starting the tomatoes, peppers, lots of flowers, and anything else I can think of that needs to be started. I'll have to check my list!

I'm going to try and work on getting the gaps between my boards on my raised bed smaller today too if it's not raining outside when I get home from work. I'm going to take some 1x2 furring strip and use it on the inside to close up the gaps with some deck screws.

After that, sometime later in the week, I will put down a layer of hay from a bale I had for halloween, then fill it with some left overs from last year and finish up with some compost from the city's facility. Depending on how that looks and feels I will then add some soil ammendments and fertilizers. Then the IRT 100 plastic will go down to start heating the soil. In a couple weeks I will plant out the broccoli and other cole crops.

It's getting closer! I can feel it!

Comments (3)

Sponsored