Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm Back!

Posted by jleiwig 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 25, 11 at 9:36

Hey everyone.

Afer a way too long absence, and not even planting a garden last year I'm back with a gusto this year!

I still have my original 4x8 bed, and I'm planning on adding at least two and possibly three more 4x4 beds along my fence line. The tomatoes and peppers will still be in the SWCs. Probably the herbs too this year to give them their own space.

This year I will be planting:

Tomatoes
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Onions
Bell Peppers
Jalepeno Peppers
Another hot pepper
Sugar and snow peas
Green beans
Spinach
Cabbage
Cucumbers ( slicing and pickling)

I'm also thinking about devoting a 4x8 bed to corn this year as well. Still debating that one.

And then for herbs I'll have cilantro, basil, dill and oregano.

And whatever else I can find at the garden center that piques my interest

I've given up on growing from seed though. I don't have an area that's condusive to that, so I returned to buying my plants after an expensive foray into seed starting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm Back!

Welcome back Jleiwig! I wasn't around much last year either, but I did plant my garden. You and plant many of the same things. So sorry you aren't starting from seed. It's much cheaper and I haven't found it that hard, even though my tomatoes have germinated like crap this year.

Can't wait to hear all about your experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's Garden Adventure

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here