Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nylon Netting that will LAST?

Posted by alouwomack Fort Worth TX / 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 11 at 13:02

Last year I ordered nylon netting from a web source that completely fell apart midseason...I could literally run my fingers through it and it would pull apart. I'm not sure why this happened...perhaps the heat had something to do with it. The company sent me a replacement for free but I'm reluctant to trust it's integrity again.

Could anyone suggest a reliable source to purchase netting? I would use cattle panels but I don't want the added weight.

Thanks to all ahead of time!

Amber

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nylon Netting that will LAST?

I am interested in this too. The netting I found at Home Depot does not seem very durable or capable of lasting to me, but it was cheap.

o

I got the Home Depot netting and it is on its third growing season. It has supported beans and tomatoes.

o

gardeneer nylon trellis netting lasts for years. Mine is on it's fourth year.

Jo

o

I kind of always thought all the netting was the same. I do prefer the kind that has 6 inch squares, rather than 7. Makes it easier when putting on the trellis frame. Currently I am on my 3rd year with the Burpee branded netting.

o

Thanks Jo. I'll look for that brand. Did you order it online?

Kaptainkr, I actually ordered that netting from Burpee last year. It was unbelievable how it fell apart. I went and looked at it again online and the only bad reviews it has are from last year. Otherwise, it had great reviews in previous years. I wonder if somehow they had a faulty batch or something. They did send me a replacement, but I'm reluctant to use it after my first experience.

o

I had this same problem last year. My trellis netting disintegrated. Fortunately it self destructed toward the end of the season rather than in the middle. The year prior when I used it on a different trellis frame, it was just fine.

I'm tempted to fashion a net of twine but am not sure if it would last one full season. This year I'm planning on growing more veggies vertically so I don't want to risk a mid-growing season catastrophe.

o

Yes I buy mine from Amazon. The netting that I can find in stores locally is crap. I can break it with my hands.

http://www.amazon.com/Dalen-Gardeneer-30-Foot-Trellis-TP-30C/dp/B000BZ8FXS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1300480133&sr=8-2

Jo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here