Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Road trip, GW absence

Posted by engineeredgarden 7, nw Alabama (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 4, 09 at 13:44

Tomorrow morning, i'll be driving to Pittsburg, Texas for a machine startup, and wanted to let people know that EG won't be around until next Monday. Nobody better start any trellis discussions without me! You know how I love my trellises! Granny....I've got my eye on you! Hee Hee

EG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Road trip, GW absence

Too bad its not Pittsburgh, PA. We could meet and go out for dinner and have a few BMs.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

o

Granny can take a message for him and he'll get back to you Monday. *beep*

Ok, just to be a contrarian, let's start a trellis discussion here. Hehe

Mine will be built of 2x4s holding up garden netting like last year.

How about you?

o

Man!! what a trouble maker. EG is going to have to get himself a palm or blackberry.

John

o

Yes, let's do a trellis discussion while he's gone *snicker/snort*. I'm going to trellis my tomatoes using the Florida Weave method. I guess you could call that a "build as you grow" trellis.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Drive safely, EG. Don't listen to these guys.

Psst - Hey guys, My trellis is built and up, but now that I've read the other posts I'm fierce that I didn't put it so where I could plant on both sides.

o

I was thinking to add to the height of the cyclone fence behind my squash beds. But I do not know how butternut will do on a trellis.

John

o

I haven't left yet! dangit, I knew this would happen. heh.

John, if it was in PA, we would grab ourselves some hot wings, frosty adult beverages, and belly-up to the sports bar. I'd probably make a miniature trellis out of those toothpicks or something.

rabbit - oh well....should've listened to the trellis person. >ME< ha!

EG

o
RE: Road trip

EG, I am assuming we would be on expence account, right?

John

o

Hey EG, SW PA, with the Steelers, Pirates and Penguins we have some tariffic sports bars and wings.

John

o
oh yeah.......

yes indeed, John....hee hee

EG

o

I'm fairly new to this forum, but I must say, I'm going to miss EG too, reading this forum and checking in at EG's blog daily is better than any soap opera! Oops! I've just given away my age with what word useage.

Thanks to all of you, tomorrow is "planting day", with this forum and Mel's old book, we built ours beds, mixed our soil, and planned out our plant placement.

We have renamed the "Victory Garden" (from yesteryears to what we think speaks of the present times to "SURVIVAL GARDEN".

We will take pictures and post the results, good or bad, it's the only way to learn!
Mary

o
RE: GW absence

Welcome marymilkweed, You will have fun. Here and in the garden.

John

o

Home of Pilgrim's Pride chicken. Three counties over from me.....of course in Texas counties can be large.

o

John - I bet there are alot of good sports bars in the real pittsburgh.

Mary - thank you very much!

Shebear - yep! I've been to the world headquarters before, but this time I'm going to a small plant downtown. But! I will get a photo of the "big head" of Bo Pilgrim before I leave...You know what I'm talking about...heh.

EG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here