Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some newbie questions

Posted by dandelion_wine 5 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 5, 10 at 14:40

I have several questions.

1) I always hear about people planting something early and once it's done replanting. Where can I find information regarding when I should plant what? I'm near Waukesha, WI

2) I've heard that you can plant certain things near one another or together because they have a symbiotic relationship. Where can I find info on that?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some newbie questions

• Posted by adamark 5 W Chicago subs (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 6, 10 at 0:32

here is the answer for question 2

http://www.ghorganics.com/page2.html
Good luck

o

And here is the answer for question 1 ...
This website you can just plug in your frost date and it will tell you when you need to plant ...
http://www.yougrowgirl.com/grow/. Click on "The Lazy Gardener's Seed Starting Chart".

o

Just saw a video review of a new book that helps simplify gardening for first timers, called Starter Vegetable Gardens, by Barbara Pleasant, who writes for Mother Earth News. It seemed to answer lots of questions. The book is on Amazon, video too.

o

As a new vegetable gardener myself, I found "The Vegetable Gardener's Bible" by Edward C. Smith to be helpful in finding basic info on the needs of most vegetables.

Liisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Liisa's Garden Journey

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here