Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

OT------ April 15

jbest123
15 years ago

I started my income tax today so I must apologize for not being in a mood to communicate with anybody. Right about now, I wish I were a bachelor living in a cave some where with my dog, roasting something I killed with my bare hands.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: Johns Journal

Comments (22)

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Or you could be married to Granny who already computed her/their own tax return and filed last week. Then you could just sit back and relax with a big BM!

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

That didn't sound quite the way I meant it....I did NOT just propose to John! I already have Mr. H, and I'm sure John is happy with Mrs. John, even though she doesn't do taxes. Or gardens.

Granny

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh shoot, The only bright spot today. You build me up and then let me down. Just makes it gloomier.

John

• rj_hythloday
    15 years ago

My taxes were done Jan23 and the return was spent by the 15th of Feb, paid credit card debts off.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

na, the way i saw it, granny, you proposed!! **big grinn**
    orrrr you could be like my hubs, who is one of those "must have it done NOW" and waits for the W-thingi's to come in, as soon as they are in, he gets them all done, while griping at us, then waits for the money, then we argue about what the money is gona be spent on. when all is said and done, we are much relieved and nothing is done!! LOL the only thing that gets paid or done is his stuff. dang, i need a job!! LOL i guess my job ended with the rugrats!! **grin**
    so i can really understand your point!! LOL many many hugs for ya John!! :')

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Medo, I almost always have mine done by the end of January. This year I decided I'd wait, since we were going to home a month earlier than usual. I do mine on line, and down there I have an "iffy" internet connection, while here I have secure, dependable high speed.

I swear, I didn't propose to John. *grin*

Granny

• jbest123
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Have you ever worked on your taxes with two abscessed teeth? I think I will schedule the extractions on Apr. 15Th just for the irony of it.

John

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Ouch, John! Better get those babies out of there.

Granny

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

One word John....trebuchet. It'll yank 'em right out! Heh. Ok, seriously, I know it sucks to have those to deal with right now. Sorry.

EG

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

I got mine done, but my wife has two businesses and they're a pain in the rear when they make money. If it didn't cost so much I would pay someone to do them for me.

Now we have company in town so yet another delay. I feel your pain John, sorry.

• greenbean08_gw
    15 years ago

Mine are nearly done (online) but I've been putting off filing 'cause we have to pay... :-(

• medontdo
    15 years ago

I totally understand your deal sinfonian, lets see, i don't "make" money, but i recieve money, LOL from the indian percapita, and they don't take out taxes, soooo....hubs say's i just cost him too much money, and i take him a long time!! LOL then he smiles, and say's hey hon, will you fix me a nice ice cold soda please?? LOL so i do. Hee Hee and then i'm so glad that i don't have to do that stuff. John, i'm sooo sorry that you have two absessed teeth also, OUCH!!! that's why hubs is toothless now. when he was in his 20's he used to have them and all these headaches because of them, well, he got all of his teeth pulled, that was the best thing ever!! no more teeth aches! :') i blamed it on the smoking and the soda.
    ohhh yuck greenbean!! having to pay!! OUCH!! hope its not to bad!

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}

• jbest123
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok!!, taxes filed. All I need now is three extractions, two teeth and the government out of my you know what.:o( :o( :o(

John

• sinfonian
    14 years ago

Hehe, congrats John. Take two asprins and a BM and call the dentist in the morning. Hehe

Seriously, asprin is best for tooth pain.

I plan on finishing up mine this weekend. Gotta hurry, the 15th is just around the corner.

• carolynp
    14 years ago

I drive hubby insane because I work out the exemptions on his w2's so we always get a little back. He keeps pointing out that we'd be better off banking it and getting the interest. This coming year, I'll probably fix it that way. It's just so nice to get that little check.

• anniesgranny
    14 years ago

John, Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words 'The' and 'IRS' together it spells 'Theirs.'

Granny

• maifleur01
    14 years ago

carolynP, my hubby wanted me to do the same thing. We save but hate to remove anything from the savings. I pointed out the appliances that we purchased with the tax refunds, stove, micro, etc. Next year he wanted to increase the amount taken out so he could get a new sound equip.

Yes one year we blew the whole thing on a special vacation.

• sinfonian
    14 years ago

Hehe, I gardened this first free weekend. No taxes were done. It'll have to be done this week after work I guess.

I wonder if I should suggest that we spend our anniversary tomorrow doing taxes, hehe. NOT.

• greenbean08_gw
    14 years ago

I finally finished my taxes and happy news, I don't really have to pay after all!

I finished inputting everything yesterday (I had them mostly done so we could do the FAFSA for student aid) and they had their review and file today. I had not included something that turned out to be pretty significant (it involved being overpaid (by employer) then paying back the money). I still owe the state but the federal refund is more than that, so we'll come out ahead!

• sinfonian
    14 years ago

We finished up and efiled Friday late. Whew. Only a few days left. Now to figure how to write off the garden next year, hehe. Good luck!

• carolynp
    14 years ago

Our taxes are fairly simple. I was going to say that being poor has it's advantages, but my girlfriend gave me a lecture on how unfair it is that we have health insurance and she doesn't this week. I'm still stewing, but it's a good reminder that everyone in the US is still richer than most of the surrounding countries, so I guess I'm not that poor.

• greenbean08_gw
    14 years ago

Sinfonian,
    I've been considering that as well...
    I need to to look into those "hobby" deductions. If you sell some of the produce maybe??

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz