Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chimacalgal

Suncast vs. Greenland Gardener vs. Frame-it-all

CJ Mac
13 years ago

A complete novice, I would like to try square foot gardening and in the past 2 days have been checking out the above brands for raised bed garden kits. Any recommendations? A man with Texas A&M suggested the $40 Suncast from Sam's Club, but the Frame-it-All looks like better quality--and I like the 12" height as opposed to 8" because I have arthritis in my knees.

If I want to grow broccoli, carrots, onions, lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes, and green beans--for 2 people--do I need an 8-foot length or would 4x4 work? Since I'm new and also can't handle the heat very well, I don't want to overwhelm or discourage myself.

I've already got parsley, chives, oregano, and mint that have survived the winter--but rabbits are starting to eat them and I'd like to move them to perhaps another raised bed. I really like the options Frame-it-all has for protection from animals.

Can the veggies above stand a little bit of shade, or do they need full sun all day? I've got one location where they might get a little filtered shade but mostly sunny all day and another location that doesn't get sun till after noon but then will be hot and sunny till sundown.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living