Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ribbit32004

Pictures - March

ribbit32004
15 years ago

I must say I'm thrilled with the garden expansion this year. I went from containers in the summer to two 3x3 boxes in the fall to what you see here. I still haven't filled the largest box, but the other boxes seem to be doing very well.

The dog and I had a sit down and talked about the recent rash of tomato beheaddings. Through his dumbfounded expression, I gather he feels he's just a stone-cold killer at heart, but the tomato cages I've pulled out seem to scare him enough to keep him away for now.

I've proven that growing last year's lettuce wasn't a fluke. The lettuce this year looks great and when I was thinning the red radishes, I pulled up:

IT'S A REAL, REAL RADISH!!! I was excited. Here are some more pics:

Broccoli

Black radishes

All of the filled boxes with the girl redecorating the lava rocks

And finally, we had our first meal from the garden. I was just thrilled. I tried to frame my picture as nicely as Granny does, but for some reason, the leg lamp just doesn't scream elegance.

How are your gardens coming thus far!?

Comments (7)

• pvel
    15 years ago

Very nice, Ribbit. What is your climate zone and when did you start planting?
    Paul

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

Oh, Ribbit...your gardens are growing! And growing beautifully, I might say. That broccoli looks huge....mine is all of two inches tall right now. And that radish! My radishes are just now breaking the surface of the soil, as is my spinach. My garden is waaaaay behind yours!

I'm so proud of you :-D

PS: What's wrong with leg lamps? I think the photo is very interesting...kinda art deco.

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• ribbit32004
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pvel, we're zone 7ish as well. Some of the stuff was planted in late Jan/early Feb like the peas, radish, carrots and lettuce, but the others more recently. They didn't start taking off until this last month. I'll prob. hold off longer next year.

Granny, The radish was deceptively large....It honestly was about the size of my thumb nail (it was only a thinning) but it looked like what it was supposed to be which is a new thing around here.

The man and his brothers have an unhealthy infatuation with the movie A Christmas Story. (Sorry, don't know how to italicize) At least we got away this Christmas with only a leg lamp night light...one of his brothers took home a full sized lamp.

I'm just praying next year isn't my year for the bunny suit.

• anniesgranny
    15 years ago

"I'm just praying next year isn't my year for the bunny suit."

Well, some people here DO call you "Rabbit".

Granny

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

That's great and I too saw nothing wrong with the picture! Now you're going to make me think twice about just moving the dishes out of the picture, hehe.

• medontdo
    15 years ago

ok, i've been looking and looking!! My!! you are are doing such a good job!! i keep telling my hubs we need to move to a zone 7!! but heck, if we wait a few years we'll be a zone 7 the way they moved us to zone 6. and we were 5 for ever!! LOL anyhow yours looks awesome!! ***BIG SMILE*** ~Medo

• engineeredgarden
    15 years ago

Ribbit - looking good! I really liked your explanation of "the meeting" you and your dog had.

EG

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!