Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden Drip Irrigation Starter Kit

Posted by wilkili_ga 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 20:49

I came across this drip irrigation system on the Square Foot Gardening website. Has anyone tried this?

http://www.squarefootgardening.com/index.php/Accessories/Garden-Drip-Irrigation-Starter-Kit/flypage.tpl.html

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden Drip Irrigation Starter Kit

Its not available just yet. I have a "pilot" version that Mel gave to me to test. It works great! The problem we have had is that its pretty easy to get this to those who have just one 4X4. But, not really-how far are they from their water source? What about those who have different garden sizes, like a 2X16, 3X6, etc. The directions have also been hard to follow. We have tried to make it simple so that people dont make mistakes that end up costing more money. You can view the system on any of my pictures in photobucket. I have mine hooked up to an automatic timer, and I can tell you this-if you have more than one 4X4, this is the greatest way to go...

o

• Posted by bdobs 8b or 9 SF Bay Area (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 30, 09 at 0:09

Whats the link to your photobucket site snibb???

o

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/snobblet/

o

Thanks for the feedback snibb. I have two 4x4 beds that are about six feet from the water spigot. I used a soaker hose with a timer last year which worked okay. However, it was difficult to wind the hose through the beds and keep it in place, so I liked that this has the straight pieces of hose. Do you know when this will be available?

P.S. You have a beautiful garden! I wish I had room for a setup like that.

o

wilk...I used a soaker hose my firs year as well until I figured out it just wasn't that great. By the time you start bending it around, the corners end up getting very little water. The irrigation system should be ready in 2 weeks. I think you can hit the "notify" button so that you will know when it becomes available. As far as the garden..thank you, but my garden is not really that big. If I can do it, anybody can!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here