Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brownli

AnniesGranny - my Crockett book arrived...

brownli
15 years ago

I bought it on Ebay - it's a former library book and even has a plastic protective cover. Funny thing, it's definitely served its purpose over the years - the spine is cracked, the pages are slightly worn...and there are a few missing pages....looks like I've had it for years...now let's hope I garden that way as well! With shipping, it cost about 5 bucks, so I'm pleased enough.

I've only thumbed through it briefly - but wow - the pictures, diagrams, planting charts - this is great. My whole life, not once, have I ever wondered how brussel sprouts grow - but on page 187 - a picture of the prettiest brussel sprout plant - who knew that's how they grow! I'm beginning to feel almost smart. Thanks for the recommendation.

If you have a moment could you briefly share the highlights of what is on pages 85/86 and pages 205/206, 207/208, 209/210. These were - uh, snatched I guess - when the librarian wasn't looking. I'm planting radishes and think page 85 was a continuance of that process. I don't know that our books would even match in page numbers, but any help would be appreciated.

Anyway - thanks again for recommending this book.

Linda

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?