Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bggarric

1st SFG; Need planning help

bggarric
10 years ago

Hi all,
I've been reading a bit here and still feel like I need some help with my first raised bed this summer.

Ultimately, I need help planning what to put where in the garden.

Some info:

My raised bed runs north to south and gets almost an entire day of sun. It is a 4' x 8' garden with a small divider/support board in the middle (Made by Greenes and sold at Home Depot).

Today I planted a 'Container's Choice Tomato' (bonnie), green bell pepper, orange bell pepper, cayenne pepper, and jalapeno pepper all in pots (I had pots left over from when I lived in a town home and wanted to save myself some space in the garden by having a few things in pots).

Things my wife and I like and would like to plant this summer are;

more tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, more peppers?, onion, peas/beans of some sort

Not sure what to plant or where to plant it; I think I read that taller things should be planted at the South end of the garden.

Any suggestions? I am looking for a simple garden layout to try out my first year with some prolific/easy to grow things that we will also be able to use a lot of.

I'm not opposed to something like strawberries, but we aren't really looking to plant herbs in the garden as we already have some planted elsewhere.

Thanks so much for your advice. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH