Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to SFG and vegetable gardening

Posted by wigal 5a or 5b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 24, 09 at 9:19

Okay, I've built my two little boxes (a 4 x 4 west side and a 4 x 3 east side) my plan was to put trellis on the north side of both boxes (4 ft side of both) and on the eastern most side of the east box. For the 4 x 3 box my plan was to put in 7 tomato plants (Early girl and roma) on the outer edge and the back edge of the 4x4 box will have a Sugar Baby watermelon (2 sq ft) and a square of cucumber. Then I get lost with what to plant where. It is way to early to put those things in but I get mixed up in my head about the rest.

Any suggestions would be a huge help it's like I am frozen for fear of doing it wrong.

I would like to plant:
lettuce (romaine and ice berg)
potatoes
broccoli
bell peppers (several plants)
carrots

The boxes get sun from about 10am on so I should be okay there. I am thinking of putting in soaker hoses but have not decide on that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to SFG and vegetable gardening

None of your plants really need to go in a certain spot. The lettuce and broccoli might like some shade if it gets pretty hot in your area, but other than that, just stick it in somewhere.

They won't mind. Just give them some sun and you'll be fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here