Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ok guys...what's going on here? (pics)

Posted by mcmarsh (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 10:11

Used to be nice...cute...healthy little seedlings. I haven't changed a thing. Potted it peat pots, jiffy mix, no fertilizer or any additives. Do they need something? They are under lights.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ok guys...what's going on here? (pics)

I wouldn't worry about those cotyledon leaves (first leaves to emerge), because they'll fall off anyway. The purplish tint to the undersides of the true leaves is most likely from growing under cool conditions. It will go away also. The leaf roll is something to monitor closely though, because a disease may be present. Are they being hardened off slowly?

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's new garden blog

o

Nope...no hardening off yet. They've only been inside. Do you think they need some sort of fertilization at this point? The only other thing I worry about is that I might have over watered...not sure. All of my other plants look great...broccoli, cantaloupe, peppers...all are nice a green...and are growing well under the exact same conditions.

o

No fertilizer yet.....watch your watering, though. I finally learned to only water mine by how the leaves look. They'll get all droopy and soft, when they're ready for some.

EG

o

Are the dark green splotches on the second leaves also. If they are I would be concerned.

John

Here is a link that might be useful: John's Journal

o

Ah, ignoance is bliss. I haven't looked that closely at my tomato seedlings. I just keep the soil moist and take them for a walk daily.

In other words, they look fine for me. Hehe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here