Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Orange Trees

Posted by jengc 7 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 11:28

Hey guys! I know this has NOTHING to do with SFG but this was such a great deal, I HAD to share it with my friends.

I am not sure if this deal is still going but, Spring Hill Nursery has a code to give you $20 off any order over $20. I bought the Dwarf Navel Orange Tree. You can get 2 trees with a pot or 3 trees without a pot. I didn't realize that you can get 2 trees with a pot so I just ordered one of them and they reduced the price of the tree to $10 and then took $10 off as a discount code. I paid $12.95 shipping. Now I see that you can put in 2 for the trees and container and it comes out to being $20 and then with the code, you get $20 off. Anyway, I think $12.95 for a dwarf orange tree with a pot is AWESOME!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Orange Trees

Good Deal.
Curt~

o

I see the hardiness zone is for zones 9-10, but you are in zone 7, how do you get away with that? Is is because it is in a pot?

I really want one of the meyer lemon, which is why I ask...

o

The one I bought was in a pot and I think it said you can bring it in for all year fruit. But yes, I plan on keeping it inside when it is too cool.

o

I ordered the Meyer lemon. I'll be growing mine inside during the winter months, if it ever gets here. I ordered it twelve days ago, and it still hasn't been shipped from the nursery.

Jen, I didn't see any option to get two of them for the $20. I ordered one and they deducted the full 19.95 and charged me $12.95 for the shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Thank you so much! I am hoping the sale stays on until payday. But if not I am ordering anyway....

Thanks again!

o

Oh I hope it stays! I figured it would have gone off by now. Granny, I haven't gotten my yet either. I am not very happy right now. >:(

By the way, I am in NO affiliation with this company. I just saw the deal and thought you guys would love it. :D

o

I know that, Jen. I do wish I'd read their reviews at Dave's Garden before I ordered though. Actually, I wish I'd thought about how difficult it will be to transport a tree to AZ and back every winter ;-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

I am not seeing the 20.00 off. I also would like to know do you only need one tree or do you have to buy two in order for them to pollinate?

thank you for the info,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here