Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First pics of my first SFG!

Posted by stevsie (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 26, 09 at 15:23

I'm new at this, so the smallest accomplishments seem huge to me. I'm so excited, I just had to share:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34045024@N08/

As you'll see, I'm as new to photography as I am to SFG. . .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First pics of my first SFG!

The pics look great!! I love the sign. Is it a 4 by 6 garden?...and did you use Mel's formula of 1/3 each of compost, vermiculite and spagnum peat moss?

o

It looks great! What kind of peas are those? What zone are you in?

o

You know...I have seen lots of baby pictures, and truly, not ALL of them are cute.
But...I have yet to see a homely SFG bed!

Nice work! I'm just putting in a direct link for you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Stevsie's New SFG!

o

Thanks everyone! Those are just your basic sugar snap peas, but three days of temps in the ninties here isn't making them very happy. The garden is 4x8 and I have to admit, I cheated a bit on the mix (just don't tell Mel!). I'm in Virginia, zone 7, everything in the garden was started from seed in the ground, but I have cukes and tomato starts that will be going in soon. Some of my beets didn't sprout, which means I have some holes to fill; basil and nasturtiums should do the trick. This has been so much fun!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here