Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My garden

Posted by jengc 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 17:07

This is a link to my flickr pictures. I would call it a SFG but I kinda went out on my own LOL I did use Mel's mix though.

It looks kinda crude because I used a retaining wall that was blown down by tornadic winds. So that was free! YAY! and I used the black plastic to keep the soil in and not seep through the cracks. I also poked holes in it so the plants didnt drown.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7777815@N05/3365554630/

This was taking March 18th. I will take more pictures with my potatoes blooming and onions poking up. I have changed most of my things to containers though.

Here is a link that might be useful: flickr pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My garden

Free is good! Those veggies won't know the difference. :-) Be sure to post photos of everything, when it gets to growin' good. Welcome to the best forum on GW!

EG

Here is a link that might be useful: EG's Garden Blog

o

Lookin' good! I like the path and can't wait to see pics of the growth.

o

Definitely an interesting shape, but it looks great!

Good luck :)

o

Well, the shape came from exhaustion! LOL That wall was horribly heavy and I had it set up a tad too close to the wall because I wanted to plant vine plants to the right that is the side of the driveway. After I got the front fixed, the back just merged together. It came out better because the back end holds my carrots and potatoes (and corn) that are the deep vegetables and the front holds all my 6 inch vegetables. I am wanting the strawberries to eventually cover the brick in the back and I am going to (some day) screw boards on the front end to cover those bricks so it looks a lot nicer. I will post pics then too LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here