Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
engineeredgarden

Planting in Earthtainers this evening!

engineeredgarden
15 years ago

It's finally time to move the ugly tomato transplants into their new home. Woo Hoo!

EG

Comments (7)

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Congrats! I'm sure they'll turn around in their new home.

Aren't those things great! We just had a SWC building party this weekend with another couple and we made 8. Boy was that fun and laid back! I totally recommend the experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

Good thing about toms, EG is that you can burry them up to their neck and no one will ever see the uglyness!!

• engineeredgarden
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sinfonian - the only ones at my building party were me and my dog. I'm not as lucky as you.

ribbit - Oh, believe me....i'll bury them up to their neck like that guy in the old clint eastwood western. Ha! My friends got the good looking plants...

I also planted 4 squares of pole beans, and 4 squares of boston pickling cucumbers. Squash, okra, and corn will be planted tomorrow evening.

EG

• ribbit32004
    15 years ago

I'm on my second round of bean seeds. The first got eaten by root maggots. I've planted cucumbers, bush cucumbers, Fortex beans, eggplants and royal burgundy beans. I'm putting in the bush beans tomorrow and starting my squash and zuch in containers to be planted out later. I'll have to wait for the store transplants for my okra.

Thinking very, very hard, EG about pulling some of the non producing spring crops and just calling it a day. The peas haven't flowered yet and even when they do, I'm not sure I'd get enough out of them for it to be worth while. I may pull them and get a head start on the squash. The SVB and squash bugs come out here in June. I'd need to go ahead and plant now if I want to beat them to the harvest. What do you think?

• engineeredgarden
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ribbit - Same here with the bugs...That's why I'm planting as intensively as possible. I'd definitely get that squash planted now, and prevent most of the damage. Last year was horrible!

EG

• homertherat
    15 years ago

Sinfonian, I love the Rock Band drum set in one of the pictures on your blog! Gardener/rock star... Who would have thought?

• sinfonian
    15 years ago

Hehe, yeah, all work and no play makes Jack a very dull boy. Besides, we had two non-gardeners there helping so I had to make sure we had fun. It was!

Good luck with the bugs. Squish 'em good!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES