Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Square foot garden pictures!

Posted by rachaelstarr 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 20:55

Hi all! I am new to the forum :) I'm Rachael from Orange County, CA and have started my first square foot garden this year, on the patio of our apartment.

I have a 5x2 garden with (from top left) carrots, beets, radishes, green onions, strawberries, romaine lettuce, cucumbers, onions, corn & bell pepper:

A 3x1 garden with peas, beans & a small blueberry bush:

and another 3x1 for tomatoes:

I planted most everything in the large garden March 4th (my beets, carrots & cucumbers are growing VERY slowly... ) and the tomatoes, peas & beans about a month later.

Here is a picture of my first harvest:

and a close up of the blueberries!

Having fun reading all the posts and super excited to tend to and reap the benefits of the garden I've wanted since I would pick (and eat... on the spot..) blackberries in my grandfathers garden as a kid :)

Rachael

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Square foot garden pictures!

Well Rachael, you're only about two hours north of me, I'm in San Diego. I like the setup you got at your apartment, I know how much it sucks to have limited yard space, it sucks. But everything looks good, good luck and I wish you bountiful harvests.

o

What a great garden!! I love seeing how creative people get when using the SFG method, and I especially love the fact that you don't let limited space restrain you from enjoying fresh produce :)

o

Very, very good! Thank you for posting the pictures.

o

gorgeous, just gorgeous! I am envious of your strawberries and blueberries. Just a bit too early here.

o

Where did you purchase the square foot gardening kit? I live in Orange County and am trying to find where to buy it.
Thanks!

o

Lovely gardens. I bought blueberry bushes last year and have them in buckets. I hope to see as many berries as I see in your pics. : ) That radish was cute too. I have considered doing carrots or onions. Can never make up my mind though. I am mostly doing tomatoes and lots of beans this year. : )

o

Nice little garden! It's amazing how much can be grown in a small space, isn't it? About a month ago, I planted radishes, carrots, lettuce, snow peas, and spinach in my cold frame. I planted them directly in bags of soil. So far, so good!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cold Frame Garden Progress

o

It looks great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here