Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenmom2_gw

Finding Mix components

gardenmom2
15 years ago

Hi everyone. I have been posting in the swaps and round robin forums for a while now but am new posting over here. I am trying to find bulk compost and cannot. The only thing I can find is "composted manure" at Lowes and HD. I have found mail order bags of compost but it is REALLY expensive. I would want quite a few bags and it would cost me a fortune. I have started comosting and also vermicomposting, but it is going to take a while before I have any to actually use so I am wondering where you found supplies. I am also looking for vermiculite but lowes and walmart d not have it. The local nursery prob. does but they are the most expensive place in 100 miles around so I don't even want to know what they are charging for it. I live on the Indiana side of Cincinnati so if anyone has sources in or around me or Cinci that would be double awesome, but otherwise, how did you find materials when you started. I have 3 sq. ft beds right now, plus I am adding 4 more and a couple long skinny ones for trellised/staked crops like tomatoes, beans and peas. I also have garden areas for the melons, pumpkins, potatoes and corn that are not in the beds, yet.

HELP !! me please??? Just trying to do the best I can withot spending boat loads.

Comment (1)