Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
See how my garden grows!

Posted by brownli 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 23:40

My garden is really growing - I'm such a brown thumber I really thought I'd have less success at this stage - and yes, I guess proof is in the pudding so to speak...so we'll see how much harvesting I have as time passes.

For now - though - and yes these are the simple ones - my first harvest...I'm so proud....

From Square Foot Gardening

And this is a picture from Saturday - just after I built my potato condo...the plants are about 2 inches above the frame:

And just four days later...is this for real...do potatoes really grow this fast or is some alien about to implode from the box?:

This has been so exciting....thank you again to those who have advised thus far...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: See how my garden grows!

Wow! Great garden! I wish it would warm up here so mine can get growing! My radishes, onions, and peas are just starting to poke through the soil, and my lettuce and cucumbers are doing great in the house in their vermiculite cups :)

I'm jealous!

o

brownli - The first harvest is always special, regardless of size. I had my first the other day (6 lbs. of collard greens), and felt like strapping them to the hood of my truck - then driving thru town like the deer hunters do after a successful hunt. Ha! Looks like you'll be picking broccoli soon, too! How's the BT working for ya? Lastly, I love those trellises......(very strong trellises makes EG happy)

EG

o

very nice looking gardens!

o

That is awesome!! How did you get your radishes to grow? All I get are pretty leafs and roots! No radishes! That looks really great. Mine wont be so organized. I am going to have pots all over my property! lol I live on a hill so I have to make due with land that is somewhat flat

o

beautiful,well organized,enjoy your labors,

o

wow...look at you grow! =)

Here is a link that might be useful: my 'animal-friendly eating' blog

o

they look gorgeous!! i love the "netting".!! that'll keep those critters out!! **grinn** ~medo

Here is a link that might be useful: barehanded totally nutso gardener :'}}

o

It looks lovely. I wish our frost date was earlier than May 8-10! And it's making me think I need to add more beds!
Won't Hubbo just LOVE that!

Janet

o

Looks beautiful!

Very nice to see. I hope mine does as well. This is my first year trying SFG and I can't plant until Memorial Day.

Thanks for sharing pics of your SFG!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here