Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An easy way to plant tomatoes

Posted by jbest123 Zone 5 PA (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 9:26

This is my grand daughter Jessie, she planted a 4th of July tomato and is just finished planting a Gardeners Delight cherry tomato. I suspect that these will get a little extra care this summer. John

Here is a link that might be useful: John's Journal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An easy way to plant tomatoes

Gardening with children is great fun. Hopefully, they become the next generation of gardeners.

o

Hey, aren't there any child labor laws up there? :)

I remember gardening with my husband's grandfather, and those are some of my fondest memories of him. I try to let my nieces and nephews help me in the garden, so we can form memories of our own. They really enjoy doing the fun stuff like watering and picking sugar snap peas off the vine.

Rachel

Here is a link that might be useful: LookMaNoWeeds

o

Oh, that is so sweet, I was just telling a friend about my bell pepper last year, 1 of my 4 year old's at the time pulled up the whole plant when they found the pepper, look Mummy it's ready, I was so proud if a little upset, but the look of pride on his little face made me forget my regret, for the plant, enjoy.
My FIL says enjoy this moment it will come only once.

o

John. She is beautiful!

I saw the picture and immediately thought of me and my dad. He is gone now but I was the youngest of 6 and I spent a LOT of time in the garden with my dad.

o

So sweet. Hope she gets lots of tomatoes.

o

That's awesome.

I got to spend a few (and I mean few) minutes with my son picking snow peas together tonight. I thought it was great, until I let him do it. Then he quickly lost interest. He does enjoy watering though...sometimes he even waters the plants, rather than the grass!

While it can be frustrating, some of the best pictures we have of him are from the garden, including one of him chomping down on a freshly picked tomato right there in the garden....he was two years old in that one. Ironically, I think that's the last tomato he's eaten!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here