Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bean leaves curling

Posted by peel z6 CT (My Page) on
Tue, May 12, 09 at 9:40

Can anyone give me some clues as to what might be going on? I've posted about it on my blog, with pictures and my thoughts on possible reasons... I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gumshoe Gardener

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bean leaves curling

The standard reason is too little water. Sorry if you've tried that.

o

• Posted by peel z6 CT (My Page) on
    Tue, May 12, 09 at 14:56

Yeah, definitely not that! We've been getting rain almost every day lately.

o

Mine are doing round about the same thing. I thought that they might not have liked the Insecticidal soap I sprayed on the as they curled the next day.

o

• Posted by peel z6 CT (My Page) on
    Tue, May 12, 09 at 21:02

And I did the opposite....sprayed Neem oil last night after I noticed the curling.

o

My cucumbers did that after I transplanted them. They eventually recovered. I thought it was lack of water too. I don't know what it was but I am blaming it on non-hardening. I am sure that is not your problem though. I assume you started them in the garden from seeds. There are so many knowledgeable gardeners on here. I am sure you will find your answer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here