Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jengc_gw

Many questions :)

jengc
14 years ago

OK first off, I just read where carrots and celery are not compatable. ARG! I made a deep bed and put them side by side. What should I do now? Dig up all the celery or is it too late? I planted them three weeks before last frost (calculating.....) maybe 9 weeks ago? I hardly have any growth on the carrots. Should I completely start over? I also have just carrots in a hanging basket (deep hanging basket) and they are not very big either. Planted them around the same time.

Also, I am having SLOOOOOOOW growth on all my plants. I talked with a friend of mine that started her SFG weeks after I did and she said she is having salads every night. She said it was the soil. She found soil that is the combo of the three things in Mels mix. I used separate but used Walmart compost. I am pretty sure it is the compost that is doing this considering that is the only food they get. I am thinking that I could improve the food by using the powder miracle grow (the kind you put in water)? To my defense, I had no compost and still am having problems with it breaking down. It does not get hot at all even though I am putting leaves, garden scraps, and water from the rain.

Also, my stuff is not growing anywhere near what the book said (i.e. radishes in 3 weeks?????). I wonder if this is also a product of my soil mixture.

I think that's it. Thanks for all of your help. I wish I could help others but I am a beginner and have no idea what I am doing.

Comments (3)