Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merydian282

opinions on possible drainage solution?

merydian282
12 years ago

This year will be my first year planting a a veggie plot. I'm planning on using square foot and companion planting in my 4x8 plot. Due to the horrible weather I haven't yet gotten to put in any seeds.

Which seems to be lucky right now because we've gotten a lot of rain in the last few days and one end of the garden seems to be holding water again (i thought i had fixed this). Also because of the weather I haven't gotten to fully prepare my garden yet. It is 4x8, bordered with landscaping timber and the soil has been amended with top soil and miracle gro garden soil.

I plan to add peat to it still, it has just been too wet lately. I also think that adding a few drainage holes to the timbers on the end that holds water would help. Does this seem like a workable theory? Ideally I could level out the ground more, the plot started out as a mostly bare, slight depression in our back yard. We already added extra timber and more soil on the low side, which seemed to work, until we had a few days of very heavy rain. Basically my husband has thrown his hands up and told me to work with it, I'm driving him crazy lol.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting