Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skitt42

My new garden layout

skitt
12 years ago

I've been gardening for several years now and it's a wonder I've continued to try considering all the failures I've had! I've barely had anything to show for all my work and expense. But this year I'm more hopeful than ever! We've had three giant trees taken down so I actually have sun, I have new raised beds (cedar, 12" deep) which I'm filling with something approximating Mel's Mix. And I have a plan. The bold squares are 1'.

I can let the big plants and vines sprawl out of the bed, and I plan on doing some pruning on my tomatoes. Does it seem realistic? I'm getting a late start because we're having landscaping done and I can't fill my beds until that's done (hopefully end of next week). I have seeds started and they're not as big as I'd hoped, so space may not be as big of an issue as you might think. I've got very low expectations for plant sizes because I previously gardened in too much shade, partially under a black walnut tree, so if I end up with a jungle I'll be thrilled and chalk it up to experience.

Comment (1)

Sponsored