Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amazing how quickly things grow! (pics)

Posted by mizbel66 WA (My Page) on
Sat, May 30, 09 at 18:52

hello all,

I'm posting some pictures of my little garden - I'm so excited that just 4 weeks ago I had tiny seedlings and this week I've been harvesting all sorts of things!

4 weeks ago:

Photobucket

today:

Photobucket

today:

Photobucket

today:

Photobucket

Happy gardening, especially to all those in the PNW who I know are enjoying the glorious weather.

Bel

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amazing how quickly things grow! (pics)

Amazing! Great looking beds and garden. That and I hear ya on the PNW weather. As I write it's 83 outside! Glorious.

Where are you in the PNW?

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure

o

Those look beautiful! i can't believe your hoa (or neighbors) have a problem with them. They are kept so nice and pretty.

o

Hi Sinfonian, thanks for the kind words (and sorry my reply has been so tardy).

I live in Maple Valley - weather isn't so nice today, but it still works for getting out in the garden. I've attached a few updated pics - 2 weeks and quite a few squares have been replanted, others are flourishing and the cabbage moths are wreaking havoc on my cavalo nero and broccoli.

Thank you also Crystabel - I appreciate your kind words.

Bel

2 weeks from last pics

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Those are beautiful!
Happy Gardening!
My Garden Blog

o

I agree, beautiful. I would enjoy seeing your garden when I walked or drove by if you were in my neighborhood, I enjoy seeing them here. I can't understand what the complaints would be about, I guess some people just are not happy unless they are complaining about something.

Good gardening, Mary

o

Maple Valley, that's close, so I bet you've had great weather of late to spur on further growth! Enjoy the harvest!

o

is that scare tape youre using ? if so, does it work well ?

o

You have a beutiful garden!

It is amazing how fast things grow once they get going. Today was the first day we've had in a long time where it did not rain and we had an abundance of sun. The plants really reached out and tried to touch the sky.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Garden Updated

o

Diclemeg, yes that was bird tape and it worked wonderfully well! We have a murder of crows that patrol the neighbourhood here and are very mischievous and get into everything. I'm very surprised the tape repelled them, wily things that they are, but I had no issues at all with birds. I took it down once my seeds sprouted and the plants were around 3 inches tall.

I also sprayed Liquid Fence around my boxes, I'm not sure if it was that or a combination of the two or just plain good luck.

Bel

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here