Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
having tomatoe problems

Posted by donnyl alabama (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 19:38

Need help identifying a problem I am having with my tomatoes. Last week this was on just one plant. today it is on all of them and the first one is almost dead. I have sprayed with liquid sevin but I think it may be fungal or bacterial. any suggestions and solutions would be greatly appreciated.

this is my second year of square foot gardening. The original beds were made with mostly store bought materials. This year I expanded my bed using a lot of compost made from oak leaves, grass and vegetable scraps from the kitchen. Plants are in a 4 foot by 8 foot area in a checkerboard pattern. We have had a good bit of rain over the last two weeks.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: having tomatoe problems

another picture

o
RE: having tomatoe problems

• Posted by slowjane USDA 10 - Sunset 21 (My Page) on
    Mon, May 26, 14 at 13:17

It's some kind of leaf spot / blight. Likely fungal. Spray with an appropriate anti-fungal to see if you can control it. The rain probably is what did it - are they getting enough sun?

More advice at the link below...
You might want to search over in the Growing Tomatoes forum - they are the experts! Good luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Blight and Leaf Spot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here