Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First Box - Yellow Plants

Posted by tmorrell 7a NC (My Page) on
Fri, May 15, 09 at 20:03

I set-up my first box a few weeks ago and the plants are yellow and leave are browning up. I was away for a week and had a drip line running, but we also had several inces of rain during this time. When I got back the plants were yellow and I turned off the drip system. We had some rain over the past week, so I gave them no supplemental water, and the plants are getting worse. I've checked the soil with a moisture meter and it's in the moist range on all the squares. I'm thinking it's due to too much water, but I'm not sure. Here are some pictures of the plants.

Zucchini

Zucchini

Basil

Basil

Cucumber

Eggplant

Tomato

Tomato

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First Box - Yellow Plants

Heat maybe? Now that it has gotten hotter here the leaves seem to be yellowing on some of my plants.

o

My earthboxes and other flowers look great. They were not on the drip line, that's what led me to think too much water in the sfg.

o

Definitely too much water. The zucchini is always the first thing to suffer from overwatering, because mine do that too...Just pinch the brown leaves off, and new leaves will emerge in a few days.

EG

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here