Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rlkennerly_gw

Too late for squash?

rlkennerly
14 years ago

I pulled up my cauliflower and gone-to-seed broccoli's. Is it too late for squash? I'd love to have some, and wanted to plant them earlier this year, but I had no place to put 'em. It's supposed to get up to 100 degrees this week. Wasn't sure if that would adversely affect young seedlings or not.

Rachel

Here is a link that might be useful: LookMaNoWeeds

Comments (2)

• shawnann
    14 years ago

I would think that squash would do fine in your zone. You have lots of time left. I would try it! Some squashes grow super fast. Especially in nice warm weather.
    I am no expert gardener though so maybe others have some advice too. I just don't think it would hurt to try.

Good luck with the squash!
    My Garden Blog

• diclemeg
    14 years ago

If you are referring to winter squash, then I hope its not too late, for I just started 15 spaghetti squash and buttercup squash in peat pots last night. A month ago I planted them outside for first time and we had too much rain on my clay dirt and the seeds rotted.

If you are referring to summer squash like zucchini, then no, for you can probably start from seed all the way to end of July, because they sprout and grow so fast.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!