Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too close to each other!

Posted by chilliwin 7 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 2, 13 at 10:13

I am a new gardener. I have grown some stem cabbage/kohlrabi in a couple of self-watering system. It looks like they are too close to each other. If so should I remove some of them or are they too old to remove? I am requesting for your advice.

Stem Cabbage 03 photo IMG_2020_zps9cac5205.jpg

Picture from the top:

Stem Cabbage 04 photo IMG_2021_zps397b6cc8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too close to each other!

• Posted by snibb Salt Lake City (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 0:57

I can't tell for sure but is this the SFG method? Is that a square container or is it round? I've grown kohlrabi every spring and the 9 that are planted in each square turn out great.

o
RE: Too close to each other!

Snibb, thank you for the questions. It is not a SFG method but a big square home made self watering container.

Are you planting 9 plants in 1 square foot?

This is my first time grow vegetables so just I feel they are too close to each other. My plants are 11 cm far from each other.

Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here