Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jengc_gw

My first Blog!

jengc
14 years ago

You guy have finally gotten me to start a blog. It isn't much of one yet, but soon I will have too many pics on mine! LOL

http://jensvictorygarden.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Comments (7)

• momma_s
    14 years ago

Welcome to the blogging world, Jen! It's looking great so far! The walkway is a nice addition.

What sorts a' goodies are you growin?

Do you have info you can share on your 2 liter water-ers? Are they working well for you?

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening With Care

• jengc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, I did the 2 liters once and they were great but filling them up is tedious. I am not a tedious person so I end up just taking the garden hose. I dont move them because I hope it is a bird deterrent! lol

Thanks! I am working on another blog update with comparison pictures of exactly what I have where.

• jengc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK new posts with more detail in them (WAY more detail!). Thanks for looking! I LOVE all of your blogs!

• gabbygardner
    14 years ago

Your blog looks great. It is amazing to me to see how different my zone 5 stuff is to your zone 7 stuff. Especially considering my garden is light years ahead of anyone in my area that I know. Everyone here waits until June 1 to start their gardens from seed. We tend to have scary Spring weather:)

However, because of my raised bed SFG I was able to "greenhouse" my beds and we are much further along than the neighbors. You, however, are way ahead of me even. Good to see what may be ahead in a few weeks. We have had sooooo much rain since Mem Day Wknd that I have a few plants that are just "waiting" for the heat to get here. It is only about 65 degrees in the day time here right now. So, cants, watermelon and honeydew, which are a maybe in a good year, are just kinda sittin there:)

This is us today, the right side, middle of pic is the bed I have my melons in, you can barely see two of them next to a small pile of grass clipping mulch:)

Thanks for sharing, maybe I will get up the gumpshin to start a blog too!!

g

• jengc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh you should! It is fun, plus you are able to go back and see exactly what day you planted or changed what. Well, as long as you keep it up! LOL I caught myself thinking "well, no one is going to want to know about these details!" and then I thought "well, they can skim if they want to! I want these details!" and thought of writing it to me. If I want to ramble, I WILL! LOL

OOHhhh I want your lettuce and broccoli and cabbage (That is what those big huge red things are in the middle box isnt it?). I am glad you got to green house your plants early. I am wanting to do something like that to grow things in the winter but not sure if I can grow anything in cold temps. We are hitting the mid 90s today. It would be nice if it weren't so humid here. It hits you like a wall when you go outside. HORRIBLE! But I will sweat for my garden. Even this morning I was out there drenched for the whole 15 minutes taking pictures. What's up with that?

• gabbygardner
    14 years ago

Yep, those are my red cabbages. They are quite the survivors;) We had a big wind storm about 4 weeks ago and it took all the leaves off those pretty red cabbages:( They have rebounded amazingly. They closest one to you has started to make a head of cabbage!! I am excited.

In the far back you can see my transplant bed, it has more green cabbages, brocolli and cauliflower that I transplanted from the bed with the peas. I planted all of it from seed in April and greenhoused all of it until I could safely transplant out to the other beds. It has been going really well.

I can't wait to start eating them!!!

Normally here I would be in the heat as well, but it is only about 65 out there now. So, I just go look at the garden and wish it was hot and sunny!!

Thanks for your comments and info,

g

• medontdo
    14 years ago

your blog is cool!! i really like it! :') your pics are nice too, i like the ladder in the garden!! **grin** now thats' a trellis,, and a sturdy one!! if ya needed it! LOL i haven't blogged since my pc went down, that's been a while. i always end up talking about the kid's schooling, LOL ~Medo

Sponsored