Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confession of a Convert ....

Posted by cozy 7 NE GA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 20:52

Well, I did not "see" it as working ( come on, 9 green beans per sq ft?) but you folks showed so many pretty gardens that I had to try it.
I started out with one little bed ( while playing with the potato bins) and it has definitely proven itself to me ... so here I go ;)
Just wanted to say Thanks! as the expansion and amazement continues.
The drought hangs on here ( listed as Extreme); yet I am on my way to eat my second mess of Contender green beans that I would not have had except for this method ( the field planted ones are just starting to bloom and not but 4-6 inches tall).
Just wanted to say Thanks! and keep the pictures a flowing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confession of a Convert ....

Your beds look so nice! Your more established bed looks incredible! I love the new beds with all the little sprouts!

o

Thanks for sharing Cozy. I see you're slowly converting your field into SFG. That's a bit more space than any small town would need under the SFG system, but I think you'll be very happy with the beds you've got now. They look amazing!

And please share how your potatoes turned out. I just added the second to last board to mine and added 10 cubic feet of Mel's Mix to the bins, hehe and I should add more. Look at my Yukon Golds...

Here is a link that might be useful: Sinfonian's garden adventure!

o

• Posted by cozy 7 NE GA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 13:13

Thanks lab12. I've had the book for several years but didn't really think it possible. You can see in the second pic ( 5/25) that I hadn't even cut the mason twine spool off -> still skeptical but getting more intrigued. By the time that the beans started blooming, I was in love!

Sinfonian, your taters look Fantastic! We had 7-10 days of dangling around 100 and I thought mine were done but lately we have had a spell of mid-upper 80s and the All Blue and Red Pontiac have started blooming again. The Yukons that got to 5 ft have yet to show a flower. This is one of the garden spots at the house. The fields are prepared for rain but still wanting. Which makes this method even more appealing to me.
Sometimes it does seem like I feed a small town but wouldn't trade it for anything!
Looking forward to some tater bin harvest pics and wishing all the best.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here