Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Love to watch the garden grow.....

Posted by gabbygardner 05 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 16, 09 at 23:33

I am having so much fun looking at pictures of my growing garden. They are much like a child, you see them everyday and don't notice the amazing growth spurts. I have not felt like my garden was growing like it should have been these last 4 weeks. We have had stormy, rainy, cool days for weeks now and I was getting discouraged, but these pics helped!!

May 20, 2009
Photobucket

Today: June 16, 2009
Photobucket

Pretty cool, especially for a Zone 5 gardener!!!

The only thing really getting me peeved about my garden is the obvious cotton from our tree. It is soooo bad this year. It lets go with the massive cotton about every third year, I just wish it wouldn't stick to all my veggies!!!

Happy Gardening,

g

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Love to watch the garden grow.....

How cool! I like the picket fence boxes! Did you make them or was it left over from something else? Everything looks so good!

o

looks great!! I love to look at my pics over time too! I love to see results!

My Garden Blog

o

The picket fence ones are my favorite too!! My husband did those from the left over fencing we had. That is where my strawberries are now. I have had so much fun with this garden. I am not able to do the in ground kind anymore, but this one is perfect.

ShawnAnn, your blog is great. Did you find out what kind of bug that was? It looks like a cricket to me;) I'm not good with bugs though.

Thanks and happy gardening!!!

g

o

I love the way your corner boxes are and the picket fence box. I've gardened in raised beds for years and don't think I would ever go back to the old way.

Here is a link that might be useful: Teresa's Treasures

o

It is fun when you can look back t pictures and see the growth!

o

I am setting up a blog (I couldnt stand it! You guys make it look so fun!) and I am going through my old pics from April thinking OH MAN! That area is just COVERED now! lol Man I wish I could find the memory stick to my camera!

o

I agree, it is so much fun. I love when people do blogs of their gardens too. I will have to consider it;)

I have to give kudos to my husband on the corner boxes, he was the one who came up with those. I just love them. My garden is the talk of the neighborhood. I have people stop by regularly just to come walk through it. I have one neighboring couple who are in their 50's or so that have never had a garden, even as children!! They absolutely love to watch it grow.

What fun a garden can be for family, friends and neighbors!!

Keep on Gardening All,

g

o

oHHH! yours is way better than mine, well done, I love the blogs as well, I started, but I just can't sustain the enthusiasm, unlike my garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here