Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Garden Cleanup b4 & aft pics

Posted by crystabel 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 18, 09 at 23:51

Well I really let my garden get out of control over the last few months. I kept the boxes cleaned up, but the pathways got completely overrun with weeds.
However, I was out working the past few weeks and got it nice and cleaned up! Doesn't it look so much more neat and clean?! (well, the after pic that is LOL)

That area with the white trellis is just filled with dead leaves that I removed from the area. Each handful was teaming with earthworms. Next to that are my compost bins and worm bin. And that purple curtained area is where my peppers are. They needed some shade, and now that I hung the sheers over them they are actually holding onto the peppers instead of dropping them off after a day. Hurray! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Garden Cleanup b4 & aft pics

Wow, what a great looking garden !

I couldn't see the pics, so here are links for anyone else who needs one ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mUN5PaHaEuA/SinfEkZVDII/AAAAAAAAAO8/WiOFzIapy3A/s1600/Garden060509%2B002.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mUN5PaHaEuA/SjUx9sAG35I/AAAAAAAAAPU/wmRqrIVVmm4/s1600/Garden061409%2B002.jpg
You may have to hit enter again in the address window once you click the link.

o

Looking good. Are those homemade compost tumblers?

o

I'm not getting the pictures and the links lead to the error "404 Not Found"

Here is a link that might be useful: Annie's Kitchen Garden

o

Hmm, wonder why the pics didn't show for some of you. Well, you can check it out at my garden blog if they don't show here...
Crystabel's Garden Blog.

gmreeves - yep, my husband made me those out of trashcans. He bolted the lids down, put holes in the ends and put a rod through the middle, then built the stands for them to sit on.

o

Hi Crystable! I couldn't see your pics above either and I appreciated your link to your blog so I could see. Wow, your garden looks good with the new mulch!

I also like your blog :)

Here is a link that might be useful: GrafixMuse's Garden Spot

o

Well, that's what I get for trying to link to blogger I guess. Here's the pics again, but from PhotoBucket which I know comes across well.

o

Beautiful! Isn't it amazing the difference a little bit of mulch can make?

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRjXAZqXvXA&fmt=18

o

I love that feeling of accomplishment in the garden!

My Garden Blog

o

Wow! What a great finishing touch!

Thanks for sharing your blog too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening With Care

o

that is absolutely gorgeous!! :')

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here