o
some advice for newbies

Posted by homeend none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 11 at 15:06

4 words : read the book first

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: some advice for newbies

I did - cover to cover. I then started reading this forum and discovered that some of what is in the book doesn't work for everyone in every situation. That is why I asked for some feedback on my plan.

Advice to you in 3 words: don't make assumptions

o

erin4 those that complain the book does not work usaully are not following it correctly. which square foot book there have been 4.

Since have not provide any these so called situation I assume you still understand correctly.

o

What book??? .. I'm sorry homeend. You are such a charmer. :-)

o

There are so many helpful members here on this forum but the ones like homeend are what sent me packing to a different forum that is more friendly toward newbies when I have questions.

o

erin4....Glad to see you holding up for yourself. On a forum like this, you encounter all kinds of people. Some you have to ignore, the rest you can communicate with rather easily.

Gardening is not a life or death situation :) (the plants might not agree) so dig in, get dirty and enjoy yourself. You are bound to make mistakes but picking that first tomato or squash will make everything all right.

It won't take long for you to know who the knowledgeable people are on here.

Ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here