Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jbest123_gw

I think this qualifies for intensive gardening.

jbest123
13 years ago

On the far left are 24 Jersey Giant asparagus plants, left of center are 26 Yukon Gold potatoes, right of center are 26 Kennebec potatoes and far right are 12 Butter Bush winter squash.

{{gwi:1280808}}

These are 20 Nemagold Sweet potatoes.

{{gwi:1280809}}

Here are 12 Endive, 6 per row. Lettuce has been harvested from front and back.

{{gwi:1280810}}

Between the SPs and Endive and on the fence is a Gardeners Delight cherry tomato.

{{gwi:1280811}}

To the left of the Endive and against the fence is a Fourth of July tomato.

{{gwi:1280812}}

These are my peppers, in front are two rows of three Big Dippers, in the back row there is one Sweet Banana, one Picante and one Red Bell.

{{gwi:1280813}}

Here are 6 Black Beauty eggplants.

{{gwi:1280814}}

In the foreground are 5 Little Cloud cauliflowers. Lost one to a wind storm. In the background are 5 Green Goliath broccolis. Lost one of these in the same storm.

{{gwi:1280815}}

Garlic, onions, spinach and lettuce were harvested form the bed in the foreground and is now ready for fall planting. The bed in the background has one Zucchini plant on the right and two Brandy Boy tomatoes on the left. The two tomato plants are over four ft tall and only have 4-6 tomatoes on each. That rate had better pickup or this year will be the last for Brandy Boys.

{{gwi:1280816}}

Here is a link that might be useful: John's journal

Comments (7)

• kathmcd7
    13 years ago

John, that is the best garden ever! I can't be the only one that is jealous(ha ha). I can tell you have put a lot of thought into planning, and a lot of hard work into make it so successful. Thanks for the pictures. I only wish mine looked half as good!

Kath

• momstar
    13 years ago

Beautiful!

• CaptTurbo
    13 years ago

Well done! I'm jealous! Down here in SW Flatistan (Florida) my main crops are done and been put through the shredder. I do have a fair stand of okra which can take the heat of summer. I hope it starts kicking out fruit before the rootknot nematodes have their way with them.

Aww but then I bet you would get jealous of me when I'm cranking out produce while you are looking out the windows at snow drifts. LOL.

• eaglesgarden
    13 years ago

John,

The only word that comes to mind is: WOW!

I wish my garden was as neatly organized, as prolific and as beautiful as yours. Ah well, NEXT year!

Actually, I am going through some garden withdraw trauma right now. My summer employment has me 5 hours away from my garden, and my dad (bless him) is tending my garden for a fee of "all the produce he can eat". It's a bit of a win-win situation. My garden is well-tended while I am away, and he gets a larger variety of produce than what he manages to grow in his backyard (I've got a bigger property than he does). Of course, right now, I am enjoying the fruit of someone else's labor, purchasing "farm fresh" produce to consume, while my dad enjoys mine! Ironic, ain't it?!

• jbest123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't think so, I garden 12 mo out of the year.

{{gwi:1280817}}

All this for a salad it but it was worth the effort.

{{gwi:1280818}}

After I got inside the GH this is what I harvested. It will be served with stuffed eggplant from this summers garden.

{{gwi:1280819}}

While I was there I looked around to see how everything was doing. The peppers are doing fine but it will probably be time to plant them outside before I get any.

{{gwi:1280820}}

The tomatoes are doing great and there are two plants with many green toms.

{{gwi:1280821}}

I should have a steady supply. Sure beats store bought. John

{{gwi:1280822}}

{{gwi:1280823}}

Here is a link that might be useful: John's Journal

• jbest123
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There are two other blessings. You Dad is still with you and you are employed. John

Here is a link that might be useful: John's Journal

• samanthab
    13 years ago

Wonderful garden, thanks for sharing!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?