Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wonderpets_gw

Cement block/cinder block frame

wonderpets
10 years ago

Three or four years ago, my husband built me a test bed to see how serious I was about the gardening. We added two more since then, though one of those was torn down this year due to rotted wood.

Since it's too hot to do much outside besides the minimum maintenance, I'm already thinking about next year. :) We are going to be rebuilding and adding new beds for next year. Also, we're looking at doing some drip irrigation systems for next year.

I'm looking for recommendations on this, plus just general help in making some decisions.

I'm short, so the interior of the beds would not exceed three feet in width. I grow tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, peppers, and will probably be branching out to lettuces, kale, etc.

I was looking at these different products:
8x8x16 cinder blocks
8x4x16 solid cinder blocks
8x4x16 traditional blocks
8x12x16 cinder blocks

If I were to plant in the holes, it would only be ever fourth one or so, to give me room to sit. And I'm not to keen on the 12" ones, because of the added size of the bed.

What am I missing? I'm sure I've not considered about a gazillion variables yet. Of course, that's part of the fun.

wonderpets

Here is a link that might be useful: Block Specs

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio