Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
albanach_gw

Cucumber disease

albanach
14 years ago

This is my first year gardening.

I've been growing Sweet Success hybrid cucumber in my square foot garden. They started producing a couple of weeks ago, and the four sq foot has been producing one or two cucumbers per day.

I noticed yellowing between the veins shortly after they started producing. This is not quite extensive and the earliest affected leaves are now dry and wilted.

There's still some fresh growth and a few new flowers. There's still some young fruit on the plants that is continuing to grow.

I'm guessing I have a mosaic virus though the plants are described as "resistant to Cucumber Mosaic Virus". This doesn't look like the mildew pictures I've seen elsewhere. The leaves are affected in small patches between the veins, almost like a quilt.

What should I do? I presume there's there a risk of this spreading to my other plants though I've seen no sign of it happening yet? I'm mostly growing bell peppers and pole beans in the same box, with lots of tomatoes elsewhere in the garden. Should I give up on the remaining fruit and get rid of these plants?

Am I too late to plant more cucumbers this year?

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?