Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organicnoob

Help if I started now in NJ?

organicnoob
14 years ago

I saw some pics of square foot gardens and have started reading up on it. Haven't purchased the book yet but I want to give it a try with one box for now. Next season I'll add more. I did some sketches and it looks like I can reclaim quite a bit of yard and still have room to grow everything I have now and then some.

By next year I should have a good plan but it's late in the season to start learning so I'm hoping those of you that know what you're doing can help me come up with a plan if I start within the next month.

My first box will be 3'x4' because that's all the free space I have right now. I already have tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and string beans growing. What should I put in the square foot garden now?

I'd prefer things I can sow directly into the bed from seed and I'd like to have some lots of salad greens, hopefully things I can start seeding now.

I'm not going to be picky though, I'm more interested in getting a box going than anything else so can you guys give me suggestions on a planting schedule for the rest of the year?

Thank you.

Comments (5)