Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbmari

Remove seedlings to raise bed..?

greenthumbmari
9 years ago

Heyo I've done some lurking around here but haven't yet found anyone else asking my question (or rather, anyone who's made my hasty mistake...). i made a raised garden with 6" high boards (12'x5') but ummm slightly underestimated the amount of material I had and definitely need more, something like double what I've already put in there...unfortunately I had squash seedlings ready to go and I excitedly stuck em in....in addition to some pumpkin and pepper seeds I sprinkled in there that started sprouting just a few days ago, I've only had the seeds in the ground a week now. ( i know, late start, i need to see if it's possible to finish peppers inside for fruit time if it comes to that, but that's for another forum I'd guess...the pumpkins are sugar variety for pies so I'm fine with them not being ready till after halloween...)
BUT my question is, once I've got more pepper seedlings sprouting up and they're a lil bigger n stronger (the pumpkins are already standing at attention, you know how those monsters just take off) can i carefully dig up everything i put in there, layer up some more and then replant everything back? it's all doing so well so far, but i'm afraid once it all gets a little bigger and realizes how shallow it is...they'll get mad at me... (and if anyone can direct me to an answer/forum on if I can do a reverse transplant...bring my peppers inside to fruit if it gets too cold before they start..?) Thanks to any and all....

This post was edited by greenthumbmari on Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 17:05

Comment (1)

Sponsored