Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cucumber experiment

Posted by momstar (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 5, 10 at 17:36

I decided to experiment this year and try two different cucumber types.

My usual Straight Eight and another variety Bush Master.

They were both planted about the same time. Right now there are some obvious differences.

Obviously the Straight Eight are climbing. I have them trellised and I've been tying them with knee high nylons to help keep them in place. There are a few baby cukes and lots of blossoms.

The Bush Master ar not as large, which I expected. One or two are starting a little bit of climbing but not much compared to the Straight Eight. The biggest difference is that the Bush Masters are loaded with baby cukes, maybe 4 times what is on the Straight Eight.

I am interested to see if the high production is temporary and will stop. I'm thinking they will be like beans. The bush variety produce all at once while the pole variety produce over a longer time.

Anybody have experience with the Bush Master?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here