Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Irrigation questions for Texas SFG

Posted by scott_home Austin TX (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 0:18

I am going to put a drip line for my new 4x11 bed. The line has 1/2 GPH emitters at 6" intervals.

Here are my 2 questions:
1. Should I lay 4 rows or 3 rows of drip lines?
2. How often and how long do you water each day in Texas summer?

Thanks.

Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Irrigation questions for Texas SFG

I'd do four so you have one for each square. Start with an hour and see how it goes. It will leak out of the bed if you go too long so check often the first couple of waterings. Frequency depends on if it's mulched and how densely it's planted. I'd start with every other day if you mulch........may be able to do it every two days. Our community beds are compost with some sandy loam so they may hold water better....or not!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Square Foot Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here